Chechnya, Grozny. Photo by www.chechnyafree.ru

21 July 2009, 22:00

After Estemirova's murder, there were several more kidnappings in Chechnya

At least six or seven persons were kidnapped and illegally detained in the last two-three days in the territory of the Chechen Republic. This was reported by the HRC "Memorial". According to human rights activists, they received this information from a spokesman of the local Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA).

The "Caucasian Knot" correspondent was told at the Grozny office of the HRC "Memorial": "Only in the last two or three days, some six-seven persons were kidnapped and illegally detained in the territory of Chechnya. We received this data from a representative of the Republic's law enforcement bodies. In the same period, two respective applications from citizens arrived to our office."

"At the same time, there is one good news. Aziz Albekov, a resident of Akhkinchu-Borzoi village, Kurchaloy District, who was kidnapped by agents of some unidentified power structure on July 7, has come back home. The young man's father - Rizvan Albekov - was publicly shot dead by power agents in the eyes of witnesses as a militants' helper; and nothing was known about his son whereabouts. Natasha Estemirova wrote about this case shortly before her death," said an employee of the "Memorial".

Meanwhile, Chechen law enforcers have their own explanation of Aziz Albekov's disappearance and subsequent return. "Aziz Albekov has evidenced that he had been hidden by his father, because members of illegal armed formations threatened Aziz. He remained for some time in his refuge; and when his food ended, he returned home. Aziz knows nothing about the circumstances of his father's death," a source in the Chechen militia asserts.

Author: Alexander Ivanov Source: CK correspondent

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4