09 September 2009, 23:50

Names of would-be Moscow suicide bombers known

Two huge terror acts to be committed by terrorists-suicide bombers have been prevented in Moscow; now the names of their potential executers are known - cousins Bekkhan Ospanov, 29, and Islam Bataev, 30. It was planned to bring the explosive to the terror act venue not only in shahid belts, but also in jogging shoe soles.

Earlier, the "Caucasian Knot" has reported that in Moscow, on the eve of the City Day, special agencies detained a terrorist-suicide bomber, who had planned a huge terror act during the holiday. The detained young man confessed that he was an accomplice of the militant, who was killed in the evening of September 4 in the Gudermes District of Chechnya.

According to the latest data, one of terrorists should have blown himself up during celebration of the City Day, the other one - last Monday, when all the militia forces would have been engaged in investigating the first terror act. This was written by the "Kommersant".

The special operation with serious consequences was launched on Thursday, September 3, when four militants were detained in the Shali District. They confessed that they had been trained to make self-explosions at the building of the Leninskiy ROVD of Grozny and in the course of the Friday pray in one of the mosques of Shali, the "Moskovskiy Komsomolets" writes.

The terrorists also said that Obu-Supyan Dzhabrailov, Amir of the Vedeno District of Chechnya, also known by his radio code "Pilek", was the organizer of the actions. The suicide bombers were prepared by Alexander Tikhomirov, also known as Said Buryatskiy, and field commander Hussein Gakaev (Dunga).

The would-be bombers detained in the Shali District, told militiamen that at least two more "live bombs" were prepared. They should have blown up themselves in Moscow, dating their terror acts to the City Day (September 5).

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4