18 September 2009, 19:00

Prosecutor's Office of Dagestan checks disappearance of Nariman Mamedyarov

The Prosecutor's Office of the Leninskiy District of Makhachkala is holding a pre-inquiry check of the application filed by relatives of Nariman Mamedyarov, in which they report that on September 10, Mamedyarov, who had been earlier kidnapped by power agents and released from custody under recognizance not to leave after interference of human rights activists, disappeared again.

"The issue of opening a criminal case will be decided on September 18-19. It's not clear, whether he was kidnapped or not; there are no witness' evidences. Mamedyarov's brother assumes that he was kidnapped again; since he was also kidnapped last year and then found somewhere in the city of Buinaksk," an inspector of the Prosecutor's Office of the Leninskiy District of Makhachkala said on September 17 to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

Fizuli Asaliev, Mamedyarov's stepbrother said that Nariman disappeared right after the meeting with President Mukhu Aliev on the topic of kidnappings.

"On September 10, Nariman was just walking home from his work, he works as a tile-layer at construction; at about 7 p.m. he called his wife Anna and asked, if he should buy anything on his way home. She said that nothing was necessary. However, at 7:30 he didn't appear at home," Fizuli Asaliev, Mamedyarov's stepbrother said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

According to his story, some time later their relatives addressed the Prosecutor's Office of the Leninskiy District of Makhachkala, the Investigatory Committee at the Prosecutor's Office, and Russian Ombudsman Vladimir Lukin.

Ekaterina Sokiryanskaya, an employee of the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial", said in her conversation with the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that kidnappings in Dagestan, unlike the neighbouring Chechnya and Ingushetia, are often committed without witnesses. "We've fought for this person for a long time. His case is now prepared for submission to the ECtHR. Unfortunately, this second time he can be not found at all," Ms Sokiryanskaya said.

Author: Anastasia Kirilenko Source: CK correspondent

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4