19 September 2009, 12:00

Mamedyarov, who disappeared in Makhachkala, was to evidence at trial of a suspected IAF member

The wife of Nariman Mamedyarov, who disappeared again in Makhachkala, said that her husband was kidnapped on September 10 according to the same scenario as last year - after his call home, on his way home from work in a fixed-route taxi. According to her story, before the kidnapping Nariman should have evidenced at the trial of Magomed Kurbanov, accused of participating in an IAF (illegal armed formation).

"The trial was to take place already now, and after Nariman's evidence the defendant should have been released. As I heard from the advocates, it was necessary for Nariman to confirm something, and the case would have been closed," Anna Mamedyarova said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent and added that since now nothing is known about Nariman's fate, the trial was not completed.

"Nariman disappeared on September 10; and we filed applications on the fact to all instances and all ROVDs (District Interior Divisions). So far, nothing new is known about him; the militia says that they don't know where he is," Ms Mamedyarova said.

According to Nariman's wife, earlier, there were already four similar "disappearances" of her husband, after which it became clear that he was arrested by law enforcement bodies. According to Anna, last year, when Nariman was arrested, he was kept for 10 days in Buinaksk, and nobody knew where he was. Relatives already thought that was dead and searched him in morgues.

"Same today, when I see someone's unknown telephone number of the calling party, I'm scared to pick up the phone afraid of a call from a morgue. Others are taken away, then you hear - they were released, or convicted, or murdered. But when he is arrested, he disappears for several days; then he is released, all beaten. And nobody knows how long it'll last. How should I live on?" Anna Mamedyarova asked.

Author: Dmitry Florin Source: CK correspondent

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4