Dagestan, Derbent. Photo by the "Caucasia Knot"

13 October 2009, 23:30

Dagestan: court recognizes violations in election of Derbent Mayor

Khanakhmed Khanakhmedov, head of the support office of Imam Yaraliev, a candidate for Derbent Mayor, said today to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that Federal Judge of the city of Derbent Dzhambulat Gadjiev has found reasonable claims of individual voters who asked to nullify the totals of the election of the head of Derbent.

In particular, the claims of Murad Muradov, a member of the precinct electoral commission No. 30, and voters Rakhimat Idrisova, Sabilya Nagieva and Muradkhan Rabadanov were considered in the judicial order.

On October 9, Mr Muradov addressed the court with a demand to nullify the 600 ballot papers, signed by non-members of the precinct electoral commission No. 30. Representatives of the respondent failed to appear in the courtroom; therefore, Judge Gadjiev, having considered the circumstances of the case, already on October 10 made a decision in favour of Muradov.

Idrisova and Nagieva wrote in their application that on October 3 they were approached by three militiamen, three women and a man, who presented themselves as employees of the "Miloserdiye" (Charity). They started giving out pensions and added one thousand roubles to each, as if help from the charity fund because of the recent flooding. Then, the pensioners were asked to give their passport data and put signatures on clean forms.

The ladies note in their claim also submitted on October 9 that only later they understood that they "had been bribed by supporters of the incumbent Mayor of the city Felix Kaziakhmedov." Therefore, Idrisova and Nagieva asked to nullify the fact of their early voting for Kaziakhmedov. The court found their arguments reasonable.

Mr Rabadanov asked to nullify 351 ballot papers of early voting in the protocols of 15 polling stations: his claim was satisfied in the judicial order.

Murad Muradov said in his conversation with the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that "a criminal case had been initiated on fraud with 600 ballot papers."

Author: Akhmed Magomedov Source: CK correspondent

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4