19 November 2009, 23:30

Dagestan: head of Buinaksk administration reports detention of suspects of his son's kidnapping

Mesterlyu Shakhbanov, head of the administration of the city of Buinaksk, said to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the first suspects had been detained in the context of kidnapping his son - Magomedshamil Shahbanov - on November 17. The detainees are kept in the Buinaksk GOVD (City Interior Department). The GOVD categorically refused to give any comments, while the MIA and Prosecutor's Office of Dagestan said that they had no information of this sort.

At the moment of kidnapping, Shakhbanov-junior and his friend Ibragim Yangiev were busy repairing Magomedshamil's house. The kidnappers beat both of them, roped their hands and taped their mouths. Then, they took Shakhbanov with them, while his friend managed free himself. He immediately called neighbours for help, and they called the militia, relatives and friends of the kidnapped young man. His search gave no result; and the kidnappers did not reveal themselves.

Magomed Magomedov, a resident of Buinaksk, who knows Magomedshamil Shahbanov quite well, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that he does not see any grounds for his kidnapping. "Here, in Dagestan, his parents are not very rich people. He had nothing to do with any criminality. Magomedshamil was a quiet person; he studied with me and graduated from the Buinaksk Branch of the Economy Department of the Dagestan State University. He can't be treated as a strongly practising Moslem, although, I think, he prayed," said Mr Magomedov.

On November 18, certain media reported that the victim was released, but it was not true. Today, Nizam Radzhabov, senior assistant of the head of the investigatory committee of the prosecutor's office of Dagestan, has said that Magomedshamil Shakhbanov has not been found yet; active search is underway.

Author: Akhmed Magomedov Source: CK correspondent

All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4