Ramzan Kadyrov (left) and Igor Kalyapin (right). Photo by Magomed Magomedov for the ‘Caucasian Knot’,  Government.ru https://ru.wikipedia.org/

10 December 2014, 22:55

Head of Chechnya demands to check Kalyapin for funding the attack on Grozny

The head of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov has stated the need to check a man named Kalyapin for involvement in organizing the attack on Grozny on December 4, 2014. In his statement posted on the Instagram network, the head of Chechnya mentioned the appeal of Igor Kalyapin, the head of the Committee Against Torture, to the leadership of the Russia's General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) and the ICRF asking to check the Kadyrov's statement about the collective responsibility of militants' families.

On December 5, Ramzan Kadyrov held a meeting, during which he announced the introduction of the principle of collective responsibility of families of members of the armed underground. The head of Chechnya said that militants' relatives will be expelled from the republic, and their houses will be demolished.

"Earlier, I said that relatives should be responsible for criminal actions of the sons, if they have failed to stop them themselves, or failed to turn to the police. A certain Kalyapin has stood up in defence of bandits and their relatives. The competent bodies have information that the money of Western intelligence agencies from Akhmad Umarov was handed over to bandits by a man named Kalyapin. It should be checked whether it is the same Kalyapin; and if confirmed, to present the demand," says the statement of the head of Chechnya posted today on his account in the Instagram.

Igor Kalyapin himself has already reacted to the statement of the head of Chechnya, saying that he would not go to court. "Kadyrov has managed to formulate... very carefully and wisely, so that I even can't sue him – there are no grounds. It is obvious that Kadyrov wrote this not in a rush, but after consulting a good lawyer," Kalyapin wrote on his page in the Facebook.

Local residents reported to the "Caucasian Knot" earlier that on December 7 in the village of Yandi, Achkhoi-Martan District of Chechnya, law enforcers burnt down houses of three families of relatives of the members of the armed underground killed on December 4 in Grozny. Today local resident has told the "Caucasian Knot" that law enforcers burned down the house belonging to the family of Aslan Byutukaev, who is considered to be the head of the battalion of suicide bombers named "Riyad-us Saliheen". On December 9, the Human Rights Centre (HRC) "Memorial" confirmed the information of the "Caucasian Knot" about burning down houses of militants' relatives in Chechnya. According to rights defenders, on December 6-7, in Chechnya, law enforcers burned down six houses belonging to the militants’ relatives.

Today, the international human rights organization "Amnesty International" (AI) has demanded from the Russian authorities to punish those responsible for burning down houses.

 

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 01, 2025 22:38

April 01, 2025 21:57

April 01, 2025 21:42

March 31, 2025 21:57

  • Social media users criticize Adam Kadyrov’s award

    In their comments on social media, users responded with ridicule to the recent award of a son of the leader of Chechnya. They believe that the medal “For Military Distinction” has been handed over to him groundlessly.

March 31, 2025 21:49

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4