DPR residents in the Rostov Region. Photo by Sergei Snezhin for the Caucasian Knot

20 February 2022, 08:05

DPR residents tell about fear of uncertainty after evacuation to Rostov Region

Some of the refugee accommodation centres in the Rostov Region were not ready to receive them; therefore, some of the arrived residents of Donbass are forced to stay in buses. Refugees themselves complain about uncertainty.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that authorities of the Rostov Region had earlier informed that they were preparing room to accommodate 10,000-15,000 refugees from the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics (DPR and LPR); first buses arrived in the region at night on February 19.

The first buses with refugees from the DPR arrived at the accommodation centre located near Taganrog at night. Elena Romanova, the correspondent of the "Novaya Gazeta" newspaper, said that those who had arrived in Taganrog assess the situation differently. They say that staying at home became more disturbing; shelling is heard, but in general, Donetsk lives, transport drives, and people walk around the city. Some people said that they regret that they left. "If something happens, we'd better stay in the basement," the journalist quoted one of the refugees as saying to the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

Residents of the DPR also said that communication with their home is now poor; and no one met them in Russia. "We are sitting in buses; we don’t know what to do next," Ms Romanova retold the words of one of DPR residents.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on February 19, 2022 at 01:38 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Sergey Snezhin Source: CK correspondent

All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

April 01, 2025 22:38

April 01, 2025 21:57

April 01, 2025 21:42

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4