Kaaba. Photo: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Кааба

03 August 2020, 10:55

Muslims of Dagestan and Azerbaijan regret Hajj cancellation

The Hajj cancellation for foreign pilgrims, imposed by the Saudi Arabian authorities in connection with the coronavirus pandemic, has disappointed Dagestani and Azerbaijani Muslims. However, many of them expressed hope that they would be able to make the pilgrimage next year.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that in June, Saudi Arabian authorities announced the cancellation of the 2020 Hajj for foreign pilgrims to Muslim shrines in Mecca and Medina due to coronavirus.

The residents of Dagestan, interviewed by the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent, said that they had hoped to the last moment that they would still be able to fly to Saudi Arabia.

Abdulkadyr Asilderov, a resident of the Buynaksk District, intended to perform the Hajj with his wife and parents. "We had been preparing it for a long time – for several years. Until recently, we had hoped that it would not be cancelled. But when it was already officially announced, all our hopes collapsed. Of course, we were upset," he said. However, he hopes that next year it will be possible to make a pilgrimage.

Azer Samedov, a resident of Azerbaijan, who was going to perform the Hajj this year, is also disappointed with its cancellation for foreign citizens.

"I've been preparing for the Hajj for over ten years. But, unfortunately, the pilgrimage was cancelled. This is very annoying and insulting. By performing the Hajj, I would have fulfilled all the duties of a Muslim. I hope that next year I will be able to realize my dream," Mr Samedov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on August 2, 2020 at 01:07 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Rasul Magomedov, Faik Medzhid Source: CK correspondents

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

April 01, 2025 22:38

April 01, 2025 21:57

April 01, 2025 21:42

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4