11 May 2022, 08:38

Saakashvili refuses to move to Tbilisi clinic

The Georgian Ministry of Justice has offered to transfer Mikheil (Mikhail) Saakashvili, a former country's president, to a local clinic for examination. However, Saakashvili refused to move there because of the pre-appointed meeting with his family.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on April 27, doctors claimed a worsening of Saakashvili's health condition, after which his supporters demanded to transfer him to a foreign clinic for medical treatment.

At a briefing on May 10, Rati Bregadze, the Minister of Justice, announced authorities' readiness to transfer Mikhail Saakashvili to a Tbilisi clinic for examination. A treatment course was prescribed to Saakashvili, but he selectively takes medication, which means his voluntary refusal from full treatment, he also eats selectively, and thus artificially creates a danger to his health, Minister Bregadze has stated.

"To avoid complications with his health, we suggest placing Saakashvili into the "Vivamed" clinic, where he will be examined and, if necessary, treated appropriately," Rati Bregadze said at the briefing.

Koba Nakopiya, an MP from the "United National Movement" (UNM) oppositional party, founded by Saakashvili, has stated that the former is ready to undergo examination at the clinic on May 11 or 12.

"Saakashvili was offered to undergo an examination today (May 10), but today is that rare day when during his stay in prison he was allowed to meet his family – his mother and a son. He had been waiting for this meeting for a long time – he had not seen them for a long time; therefore, he refused to go to the clinic today, but he's ready to do it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow," Mr Nakopiya said live on air of the "Mtavari Arkhi" TV Company after visiting Saakashvili.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on May 10, 2022 at 08:50 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Inna Kukudzhanova Source: CK correspondent

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

April 01, 2025 22:38

April 01, 2025 21:57

April 01, 2025 21:42

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4